+ Reply to Thread

Middle school attendance question

Hi All,
    I was wondering if any of you knew if the Middle Schools counted excused absences? Clinton won't answer that question, I tried and so did my parent-teacher coordinator at our Elementary. I have excused absences (flue/strep) backed by doctor's note and written in the dc profile as extenuating circumstances. ( 4 of these, no lateness).Everything else is 4's and high 4 for state test. Thank you!

It's my understanding that excused absences are excused. That of course doesn't mean there isn't shenanigans going on about them.

However, I'm unclear when you say "Clinton won't answer". Do you mean that just don't respond at all, or, they say "we can't answer that question"?
    Passionate tutor of Elementary School subjects specializing in NY state tests, and the specialized high/middle school tests (SHSAT, Hunter, TACHS/CHSEE, ISEE, SSAT, ERB, ...)

They won't answer even amongst coordinators for Elementary schools. Apparently they are the only ones who didn't clarify. I tried sending an e-mail but they didn't even answer the e-mail. I was hoping to know from a parent who attends the school.

I wanted to add to this post, Clinton finally responded and they said that they would give half credit for excused absences. So if your child was sick for 4 days, they would count it as 2 days. This makes a material difference with the current rubric because even a top scoring child would get knocked down a few pegs if they happen to have been ill last year. I currently have 2 dc's applying to middle school, so I thought I would share to help other parents going through the process. Have a good Thanksgiving everyone.

Glad you got the info. I find every web site and/or description is missing information of one kind of another and/or is vague, and only can only conclude that it's all done on purpose. Diligence pays off as long as they're telling the truth.
    Passionate tutor of Elementary School subjects specializing in NY state tests, and the specialized high/middle school tests (SHSAT, Hunter, TACHS/CHSEE, ISEE, SSAT, ERB, ...)

Hi. What are the chances to get into Clinton if the child is not from district 2? What the grades/scores should be? And the max number of absences? Is only state tests taken in 4th grade considered? Or those from 3rd as well? Thank you.