+ Reply to Thread

How difficult is the g&t test @k level

My daughter will take g@t test this Saturday and I'd like to have her taking a mock exam @ home
    Which one is better to use?testprep or brightkids?
    Both of them have 48nnat @ 30 olsat
    Anyone knows how to differ what questions for k or 1st grade?

The test is the same for K and 1st. Is your child currently in K or entering K in September? Entering kindergarteners, however, can answer fewer questions right and still receive a perfect/higher score. Exactly how many correct answers your child needs depends on their birth month.

Also, the entering kindergarteners point to their answer choice. Entering 1st graders must fill in a bubble.

Quote Originally Posted by saber420 View Post
    The test is the same for K and 1st. Is your child currently in K or entering K in September? Entering kindergarteners, however, can answer fewer questions right and still receive a perfect/higher score. Exactly how many correct answers your child needs depends on their birth month.

Also, the entering kindergarteners point to their answer choice. Entering 1st graders must fill in a bubble.
    Thank you.
    She is entering k this September and was born in the 3rd q 2015. I checked the previous years' spread sheet knowing that she have to get 24 or more of 30 to aim for 98 in olsat part.

I heard some hard questions in those g@t text books are particular for those entering 1st grade student, so I'd like to know any clue.

IMO this line of approach is a rabbit hole that will compete with the balance of the test hence why it's the same test.
    Passionate tutor of Elementary School subjects specializing in NY state tests, and the specialized high/middle school tests (SHSAT, Hunter, TACHS/CHSEE, ISEE, SSAT, ERB, ...)