+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Middle School admissions notification. When?

Any predictions? Does DOE release HS or MS first?

I logged into myschools site this morning and notes results will be available mid March.

Where do you see “mid-March”?
    I only see “March”..

In the Dashboard it just says "March" but if you click through to "Edit Profile," scroll to the bottom and click on the link that says "Middle School" (under "Available Applications") it shows an overview and says "mid March" there. But not sure how accurate it is or when it was last updated.

Thank you. I see it now. Fingers crossed.

Do you know which usually come out first??

IIRC MS placements were released around April 13 in 2018, and I believe past that date in 2017. I can't recall when it was last year. I may be recalling wrong but thinking either tax time and/or Spring break time is ringing a bell to me. I have this all in a file but don't recall where I put the file. This year it sounds as if it will be earlier though.

That said, unfortunately the one consistent thing about the DOE is that they are often inconsistent, contrary to what they say, and have flip-flopped things. But hopefully it does not get too much past what they've posted.
    Passionate tutor of Elementary School subjects specializing in NY state tests, and the specialized high/middle school tests (SHSAT, Hunter, TACHS/CHSEE, ISEE, SSAT, ERB, ...)

BTW, remember that this year there will be no round 2 and no appeals round.

Instead, the DOE is instituting middle school (and high school) waitlists. You can also add your name to the waitlist of a school you did not originally apply to, but of course common sense should prevail.

I suspect this is going to be an ambiguous and fragile and problematic and controversial change and therefore something you may want to stay on top of.
    Passionate tutor of Elementary School subjects specializing in NY state tests, and the specialized high/middle school tests (SHSAT, Hunter, TACHS/CHSEE, ISEE, SSAT, ERB, ...)

Has anyone called DOE to ask? Would be curious to hear their response!!!

I did. They would only "commit" to vagueness.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast