+ Reply to Thread

Waitlist for QUEENS High Schools

Waitlisted for Townsend Harris, Wagner, Forest Hills, Bayside, Maspeth, Edison, Cardozo, Francis Lewis, Bard, Baccalaureate or any other desirable Queens HS? Post school and number here!

waitlisted Townsend for queens. im 1979 for townsend.

I am waitlisting for townsend with a 156. Does Townsend harris have a Queens priority?

Quote Originally Posted by astroxstrrs View Post
    I am waitlisting for townsend with a 156. Does Townsend harris have a Queens priority?

Are you willing to share what your 7th grade class scores and standardized test scores were? It's for the benefit of future applicants to get an idea of what scores were below the cutoff of getting in. I believe one needs a 4/4 on state tests and 96+ average with perfect attendance to get in.

Good luck to you wherever you end up.

I agree with test as it would be interesting to note all your info if you'd like especially with a lower waitlist number. TH is rank ordered so the better one does with average, state test, attendance, lateness and behavior the better. I believe I've posted some details in the past on it, assuming those are still close to what is being used. So actually data to that effect would be great if possible.
    Passionate tutor of Elementary School subjects specializing in NY state tests, and the specialized high/middle school tests (SHSAT, Hunter, TACHS/CHSEE, ISEE, SSAT, ERB, ...)

I got about a 99 or 100 average I got 4s on both state tests and I was absent for 4 days.

The 99 or 100 is great! As to 4's there can be a difference between 4.0 and 4.4. As to 4 days absent IIRC their max is 2.
    Passionate tutor of Elementary School subjects specializing in NY state tests, and the specialized high/middle school tests (SHSAT, Hunter, TACHS/CHSEE, ISEE, SSAT, ERB, ...)

Another website posted the top 20 HS in NYC by application count. Queens schools include Francis Lewis 9390, Townsend Harris 8123, Forest Hills 7693, Bayside 7117, Maspeth 5468, Cardozo 5205, Thomas Edison 5171. For those high performing students that did not get an offer, don't feel bad. You had a lot of competition.