+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Anderson School Diversity Program

The Anderson School will allocate 30% of their seats to students from districts 4, 5, 7, 8, 9, 12 and districts 3 above 96th St and district 6 below 168th st.

The DOE rep I asked said they will allocate 30% of the total 50 seats to diversity priority.

Wait list will also have a diversity priority but unclear how that will be allocated yet.

So this year there will be 15 seats for those districts, 16 seats for siblings (according to the website) and 19 seats for all other districts.

Thanks for the clarifications.

It yields for frustrating situations in every corner doesn't it.
    Passionate tutor of Elementary School subjects specializing in NY state tests, and the specialized high/middle school tests (SHSAT, Hunter, TACHS/CHSEE, ISEE, SSAT, ERB, ...)

Quote Originally Posted by djadziadax View Post
    The Anderson School will allocate 30% of their seats to students from districts 4, 5, 7, 8, 9, 12 and districts 3 above 96th St and district 6 below 168th st.

The DOE rep I asked said they will allocate 30% of the total 50 seats to diversity priority.

Wait list will also have a diversity priority but unclear how that will be allocated yet.

So this year there will be 15 seats for those districts, 16 seats for siblings (according to the website) and 19 seats for all other districts.
    Thanks for the Info

hi. do you know if Anderson has private busing option to Brooklyn?

There is nothing on their website to indicate private bus options, just yellow bus. Maybe best to reach out to the parent coordinator.

Bus

Anderson mom here:
    We live in an outer borough (Bronx) and our options are 1) pay for a private bus service $4,000 a year or my son can take the yellow bus to the closest stop near us in Manhattan. Yellow Bussing is only Manhattan

I have mixed feelings about Anderson's new diversity program. But I will say that the demographics immediately north of 96th Street on Manhattan's upper west side is not much different that south of 96th Street. On the east side north of 96th street, it's a drastic change from luxury high rises to public housing projects. I think Anderson should use West 110th Street as the "border". The demographics of folks living on 97th Street & Central Park West look the same as folks living on 72nd Street and West End Ave.

I agree, but they were probably trying to include the housing projects that start on w 98 st, right after the while foods. Also a lot of low income families along Cilumbus and Amsterdam above 96th St and below 110th.

They're grasping at straws. I would too so I don't blame them. It may give a hit or so, BUT they keep trying to solve these concerns by barking up the wrong tree.
    Last edited by GregsTutoringNYC; 05-03-2020 at 02:55 PM.
    Passionate tutor of Elementary School subjects specializing in NY state tests, and the specialized high/middle school tests (SHSAT, Hunter, TACHS/CHSEE, ISEE, SSAT, ERB, ...)

Can anyone speak as to Anderson's diversity currently both amongst students and staff?