+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: G&T books

Is that official? Where did you hear?

No, it's not official. But the DOE has yet to renew the contract with the G&T testing company for this testing year.
    Passionate tutor of Elementary School subjects specializing in NY state tests, and the specialized high/middle school tests (SHSAT, Hunter, TACHS/CHSEE, ISEE, SSAT, ERB, ...)

So if there is no test will there be no program at all for The children entering kindergarten next year? How do you feel they will postpone the test to summer?

Also which of these testing material would you invest in priority order? I have completed all the yellow gateway gifted resources books I purchased off Amazon. I am looking for something more challenging for tests

Testing mom online subscription
    Bright kids
    Kwellerprep
    JEI Learning
    Talent Prep

There already is no G&T in some schools given the way teacher allocation is currently working during the current school reopenings. Some at the DOE claim those kids will get the respective attention needed but we all know that won't be the case everywhere.

As to testing material, I take a more personalized approach with the students I work with at any age or level and rather let the child be the basis rather than the material (which are often imperfect). IOWs, I don't like to say "X is the best" or "X is better than Y" because even when "it's true" I'd rather the kid be the context. Generally Bright Kids and TestingMom pop up as the most popular though I'd think, which could only be a statement of popularity of course.
    Passionate tutor of Elementary School subjects specializing in NY state tests, and the specialized high/middle school tests (SHSAT, Hunter, TACHS/CHSEE, ISEE, SSAT, ERB, ...)