+ Reply to Thread

SHSAT Deadlines and Test Days CHANGED!!! No longer Oct 21/Nov 7+

The original deadline for the SHSAT, NYCs Specialized High School Admissions Test, was October 21 with testing starting November 7.

That HAS BEEN CHANGED. The current new dates are unknown. I hope my street cred lends to that this is not a prank post.

Also, the original deadline for non-specialized high school was Dec 4, that is also changed, but also with no known new deadline.

As previous, registration is not yet open!
    Passionate tutor of Elementary School subjects specializing in NY state tests, and the specialized high/middle school tests (SHSAT, Hunter, TACHS/CHSEE, ISEE, SSAT, ERB, ...)

I’m hearing DOE will try to follow in the footsteps of this Virginia school:
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/local...f1a_story.html

And San Francisco. And Boston. In NYC, they've been trying for some time and Carranza is on record saying he was going to use covid to change everything. Anyway, have to see what happens in all these locations including here. It ain't over until it over, and maybe not even then.
    Passionate tutor of Elementary School subjects specializing in NY state tests, and the specialized high/middle school tests (SHSAT, Hunter, TACHS/CHSEE, ISEE, SSAT, ERB, ...)

https://www.schools.nyc.gov/enrollme...de/high-school

The DOE website reflects everything Greg mentioned

I think the SHSAT will still occur for the next incoming class at some point but not until they purposely mind um how shall I say this politely jedi mind trick us to the point of cruelty first and distort things to the point of no return. After that, I don't know what's going to happen.

https://ny.chalkbeat.org/2020/10/30/...ool-admissions

My guess is that the DOE will release details on Election Day or the day after and hope that it gets buried in the news. The SHSAT will have to be administered over several weekends (possibly weekdays as well) and at more locations than the usual handful.

Probably. IMO the earliest testing date at this point will be the winter break. I don't see it happening anytime before that.

I'm going to try and do a YouTube livestream about it later today.

BTW, for those in DREAM, I understand it will resume Sat 11/14!!