+ Reply to Thread

Question Anyone taking the Hunter College High School exam in May? Did anyone took it?

Is anyone’s child taking the Hunter College High School entrance exam next month in May? How are you preparing? How did you prepare if your child taken it in the past?

Passionate tutor of Elementary School subjects specializing in NY state tests, and the specialized high/middle school tests (SHSAT, Hunter, TACHS/CHSEE, ISEE, SSAT, ERB, ...)

Quote Originally Posted by hchs666 View Post
    Is anyone’s child taking the Hunter College High School entrance exam next month in May? How are you preparing? How did you prepare if your child taken it in the past?
    We looked at the sample tests on the website. DC did one as a "practice" test, timed, to get a sense of the pacing.

IMO no other formal prep is needed. If your child is meant to be there they will get in.

Although that can be so for some students, it is definitely not so for all students. For instance, they may be going to a horrible middle school. Asking such a student to invent say math on the fly live during the exam is definitely not the purpose of this exam. I've worked with many students in this situation, and they are thriving at Hunter.
    Passionate tutor of Elementary School subjects specializing in NY state tests, and the specialized high/middle school tests (SHSAT, Hunter, TACHS/CHSEE, ISEE, SSAT, ERB, ...)

Does anyone know what time the test will take place?

Depends. But I know some of my students had a 7:45 check in time last year. The test is about an hourish after that with pick up suggestion around 11:30 which doesn't mean the students will be there then but that you should be. Wiggle from there.