+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    There is usually about 25 students waitlisted.
    Passionate tutor of Elementary School subjects specializing in NY state tests, and the specialized high/middle school tests (SHSAT, Hunter, TACHS/CHSEE, ISEE, SSAT, ERB, ...)

Congratulations!!

Dear Medwar6- my son got waitlisted! Congrats on your daughter’s acceptance! Can you kindly share what deadline parents are given to accept admission. Just want to get a sense of when there may be movement off waitlist. Many thanks!

Bedaemi--Congratulations on getting waitlisted! All I know is that we needed to accept and send proof of residency by July 11. There's a zoom call on July 7 for prospective students who are undecided and want more information. (We accepted and sent in documents immediately. Lol)

Good luck to you!

And that is traditional, that is to say, there is usually about a week to decide.
    Passionate tutor of Elementary School subjects specializing in NY state tests, and the specialized high/middle school tests (SHSAT, Hunter, TACHS/CHSEE, ISEE, SSAT, ERB, ...)

Thank you for sharing!

Has anyone on waitlist heard back yet? Does anyone know when they begin to inform of waitlist decisions? And does anyone know if Hunter “over accepts” students? I read in some thread that the waitlist may not be 25-30 students but much larger. They say in their website that it’s 25-30 students that get waitlisted. why would they lie about number of students on waitlist? Thanks for info guys.

Really nothing would probably move until about now anyway given June 30 was the offer date and then week or so allowed to respond. I don't believe they over accept, given the seat count is so low.

Unfortunately they can say whatever they want, and in some cases have. I caught them in a lie during last year's admissions. That said, given the seat count is so low and therefore even lower (tiny!) for those who don't accept their offer, 25-30 seems realistic at least to me. Really though I see nothing stopping them from adding to the internal waitlist or whatever, so it need not be a lie per se. AFAIK it's not done linearly anyway.

What did they lie about?

Despite their site at the time insisting and repeatedly detailing the NYS exam scores needed to take the exam, it was not so for Bronx students. They refused to make that difference public despite all they had to do was change about 10 words. It took me weeks of emails and calls ultimately resulting in a very unprofessional call with the director who tried to intimidate me but I was able to eventually get her move from vague statements in the call and explicitly state that the Bronx numbers were indeed different.