+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
    I'm in Queens and personally though as a practical matter getting my children to Hunter would be a problem, even using free door-to-door transport (not saying that exists, just a for instance). It would of course be interesting to see more data including borough elucidating to see how other families feel/it's impact on them, as well as even the limited information that they might have on such (for instance, out of borough offer declines vs Manhattan declines, etc.).
    Passionate tutor of Elementary School subjects specializing in NY state tests, and the specialized high/middle school tests (SHSAT, Hunter, TACHS/CHSEE, ISEE, SSAT, ERB, ...)

Hmm, if I'm reading this right, and understanding this right, page 5 of https://hunterschools.myschoolapp.co...ad_6647164.pdf indicates there are only Manhattan students, but I though offers were supposed to include all NYC for last year too (2021-2022).
    Passionate tutor of Elementary School subjects specializing in NY state tests, and the specialized high/middle school tests (SHSAT, Hunter, TACHS/CHSEE, ISEE, SSAT, ERB, ...)

Quote Originally Posted by GregsTutoringNYC View Post
    I'm in Queens and personally though as a practical matter getting my children to Hunter would be a problem, even using free door-to-door transport (not saying that exists, just a for instance). It would of course be interesting to see more data including borough elucidating to see how other families feel/it's impact on them, as well as even the limited information that they might have on such (for instance, out of borough offer declines vs Manhattan declines, etc.).
    From looking at last year's directory (high school not elementary), it seems that they're focusing on admitting more kids from the Bronx, which makes sense, transportation-wise.

Hmm, if I'm reading this right, and understanding this right, page 5 of https://hunterschools.myschoolapp.co...ad_6647164.pdf indicates there are only Manhattan students, but I though offers were supposed to include all NYC for last year too (2021-2022).
    High school eligibility has always been citywide. This year was the first year that elementary school eligibility was extended to the boroughs.

Yes yes but it shows only Manhattan students whether ES or HS.

Really nothing would probably move until about now anyway given June 30 was the offer date and then week or so allowed to respond. I don't believe they over accept, given the seat count is so low.

Unfortunately they can say whatever they want, and in some cases have. I caught them in a lie during last year's admissions. That said, given the seat count is so low and therefore even lower (tiny!) for those who don't accept their offer, 25-30 seems realistic at least to me. Really though I see nothing stopping them from adding to the internal waitlist or whatever, so it need not be a lie per se. AFAIK it's not done linearly anyway.
    My son just received his acceptance from the wait list!

Dear Aliben- Congratulations!!!

Thank you so much

Congratulations! That is amazing! Which borough are you in?

Quote Originally Posted by Ni12322 View Post
    Congratulations! That is amazing! Which borough are you in?
    We are in Brooklyn

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5