+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Why RCDS

Thumbs up Why RCDS

Our daughter will be starting Kindergarten at Rye Country Day School (RCDS) this Fall. We had heard many great things about RCDS from parents from my daughter’s preschool and from friends who live in our area. It wasn’t until we visited RCDS for ourselves did we understand what a special school it was. The first information session we attended for pre-k and K probably had over 200 families there. It was a bit intimidating, but the staff/faculty made the process very intimate and informative. We chose RCDS because we felt the faculty was really focused on developing a well-rounded child. Academics is just as important as building an active and respectful child. We are really looking forward to the new school year. I’d be happy to answer any questions about the school or application process.

Thanks, Claudia. I find that with public school budget cuts and increased testing, RCDS is becoming an increasingly popular choice for Westchester families. As you note, families love Rye's warm atmosphere, strong and balanced curriculum, and involved family-friendly community. Would love to hear more about how your daughter is finding Rye now that two years have passed.

For more about Westchester private and public schools:

A Big Thank You to State Senator Jeff Klein

Public School Drop Outs? New Yorkers Consider Other, Private Options
    Emily Glickman Abacus Guide Educational Consulting
    For a limited time, subscribe for free: NYC Private Schools Admissions Newsletter.