+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11
    Asking for a friend who's applying next year. Do any of you know of twins who got into the same private school?

This year? Yes. One of the boys schools. Previous years? Yes. One of the girls schools.

Quote Originally Posted by sf_1970 View Post
    This year? Yes. One of the boys schools. Previous years? Yes. One of the girls schools.
    Do you know if they had choices or they went to where they were accepted? Trying to help my friend set appropriate expectations. Thank you.

I know one of the families had a choice between an independent and a parochial. The independent was their top choice. I don't know if the other family had choices. Keep in mind that having one choice (only) is still a great outcome, since presumably your friends will only apply to schools that they really like.

They're not religious so parochial is out. I'm definitely passing the info along so they know what they're in for. Thank you again.

The more time that passes since the decision deadline, the more I've about people releasing spots at various schools. Just about every school had multiple people releasing spots. However, I barely hear of anybody getting off waitlists. What gives?

One of our friends is moving to the suburbs after her son, recently turned 6, didn't get in anywhere. We'll probably try again next year but wouldn't be surprised if we make an exodus too.

Has anybody heard about waitlist movements over the summer? Until school starts, I'm trying to hold out whatever little hope I have that we may get lucky.

Quote Originally Posted by hrosemom View Post
    Has anybody heard about waitlist movements over the summer? Until school starts, I'm trying to hold out whatever little hope I have that we may get lucky.
    This is second hand info but I heard that a girl got off the waitlist at one of the girls' schools in the past month.