+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Frankly, this year was very different because of Covid. I know many people pay to prep for Hunter but I’m pretty sure those services were canceled due to Covid social distancing requirements. The best advice I think I received from other parents whose kids attend Hunter was to get your child comfortable with talking & expressing herself or himself. My understanding is that communication and expressing ideas is a major factor in the decision process. Like if your child is asked “what is a flower?”. He or she should be able to over explain it by saying something like “a flower grows in the ground, it needs light and water and it has a stem and leaves and can be different colors.” You don’t want your child to just say “a flower grows in the ground.” The more a child can communicate and explain, the better. There are also books that you can buy to get your child used to the type of questions that will be asked. My child has been in a play based nursery school since she was 1 and we didn’t do any formal preparation besides reading to her a lot and encouraging her to fully answer questions and we also did do some basic math Flashcards but I don’t think they are tested on math. I was also advised to get her comfortable with talking to adults.

Quote Originally Posted by Addysprig View Post
    Frankly, this year was very different because of Covid. I know many people pay to prep for Hunter but I’m pretty sure those services were canceled due to Covid social distancing requirements. The best advice I think I received from other parents whose kids attend Hunter was to get your child comfortable with talking & expressing herself or himself. My understanding is that communication and expressing ideas is a major factor in the decision process. Like if your child is asked “what is a flower?”. He or she should be able to over explain it by saying something like “a flower grows in the ground, it needs light and water and it has a stem and leaves and can be different colors.” You don’t want your child to just say “a flower grows in the ground.” The more a child can communicate and explain, the better. There are also books that you can buy to get your child used to the type of questions that will be asked. My child has been in a play based nursery school since she was 1 and we didn’t do any formal preparation besides reading to her a lot and encouraging her to fully answer questions and we also did do some basic math Flashcards but I don’t think they are tested on math. I was also advised to get her comfortable with talking to adults.
    Thanks! This is helpful.